Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sweet Potato Chicken Stew Recipe


I love stew. And I love my crock pot. But I'm not a big beef eater, and I try to stay away from white potatoes. So this variation on a popular fall favorite, was a MUST.

So what's in it?

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, raw, cut into 1" - 2" cubes
3 large Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
1 large Vidalia Onion, cubed
1/2 bag baby carrots
1 container sliced baby bella mushrooms (any kind will do)
1/2C beef broth
1/2C red wine
1 teaspoon salt free seasoning blend

Honest, that's it - I like to keep it as simple as possible!!

Partially cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave so they're easier to cut into 1" cubes.
Turn on your crock pot (I did 3 hours on high, and then 2 on low)
Throw everything in.
Mix it up.
Mix a couple times during cooking so the chicken doesn't all stick together as it cooks.

Cool and serve!!
Makes approx 8 servings!

Following the 21 Day Fix/Country Heat/Hammer & Chisel meal plans?
1 serving = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1/2 green

Want more clean eating recipes and fitness and nutrition tips? 
Find me on Facebook!

Interested in starting a whole body fitness and nutrition program? e-mail me!



No comments:

Post a Comment